[C320-list] Seating Chain Plates

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:16:39 PST 2009

Very good point. Thanks Pat.
To those whom I have sent the Chris Burti instructions on chain plates,
please make the following changes: replace steps 22 and 23 with the
following:

	22.	Tighten the 4 bolts only until the caulk shows all around
the plate. Do not, at this time, firmly secure the 4 bolts.  It would help
to have someone on hand to assist with this step but I managed without.
	23.	After the caulk has cured, tighten the 4 bolts, clean up the
caulk, and remove the tape.

I have received at least 6 requests for Chris' instructions. I would have
sent these to those; but, I deleted each request after sent. Otherwise, I'd
probably continue to send the instructions every week or so until I delete
the e-mail. It's a consequence of age.

Chris, you ought to post these on the C320 web site.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay