[C320-list] REFRIGERATION UNIT

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 05:55:52 PST 2009

the OEM unit works pretty good for us in a fairly hot climate zone. We add a
block of ice at the bottom on long cruises, but the biggest efficiency
enhancement is a small fan to circulate the cold air. Otherwise the very
cold air layers at the bottom of the box and the thermostat keeps the unit
cycling as the warmer air stays at the top We do thise primarily to reduce
the current draw on the batteries. Once we started using a fan, we can
run it on medium in July and keep the compressor cycling down to a minimum.

--
Chris Burti Farmville, NC