[C320-list] Racor Primary Fuel Filter - 500MA

Ken Danko ken320 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 21 15:35:07 PST 2009

I am quickly approaching the annual primary fuel filter change and am
starting to think about alternatives. I am wondering if anyone has
switched their primary fuel filter to the Racor 500MA? The filters for
the 500MA are about 1/3rd the price and much easier to change than the
stock Racor units (R15?) installed by Catalina. The 500MA is a couple of
inches taller and might not fit in the same location. I was thinking
that the 500MA could possibly be installed next to the fuel tank. Anyone
have any experience or suggestions?

Ken Danko