[C320-list] Racor Primary Fuel Filter - 500MA

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Sun Feb 22 08:49:03 PST 2009

Ken-Can't comment on the 500MA filters other than do they allow you to
visibly see any water in the clear botton bowl as on my Hull 894 (2002)
filter set up?

On location, I see clear advantage to having the filter low and in a fairly
easy to get to spot.  I assume all 320s have the Racor filter below the rear
berth near the prop shaft.  In an emergency, I would rather be working down
there than trying to get into the compartment where the fuel tank is located
to change or check on a filter.  There also may be a fuel head issue if the
filter is mounted higher than the original installation.

Bob Sloat
Savannah Hull 894