[C320-list] Yamaha EF2400 iS portable generator

John Frost john at frostnet.net
Sun Feb 15 14:22:18 PST 2009

Rick,

It is a little less ($1089) here:
http://salestores.com/yamaha04.html

Here are two RVr's happy using it for smaller 13.5 KBTU:
http://rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/19693949/gotomsg/1969566
3.cfm

Here is an RVr that has trouble running a 15 KBTU with it:
http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/boards/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/2120
4476/gotomsg/21208061.cfm

And some RVr's having trouble running 13.5 KBTU:
http://www.trailerlife.com/cforum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/21413874/g
otomsg/21423164.cfm

But here is a camper that says it runs his 15 KBTU just "fine":
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-000-Watt-Portable-Generator-EF30ISEBH/product-r
eviews/B00009YV8F

Overall sounds to me like it might be very marginal for a 16.5 KBTU.
Of course it depends on the surge load of the specific AC brand.
Let us know if you find otherwise.

John Frost
2007 C320 MKII, Hull # 1118
Lake Guntersville, AL