[C320-list] Interior Varnish

Karl Mielenhausen _/) c320 at suddenlink.net
Sun Feb 22 19:46:44 PST 2009

Here are two references from my personal archives that might be helpful....
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/C320Docs/Hatchboard.htm
http://pages.suddenlink.net/kmielen/C320Docs/InteriorFinish.htm

The Target coating that was used on our new boats is no longer available.
The replacement is Oxford HYbriVar WB-Alkyd Varnish

Here are some notes from David Nolte last year....

They are at www.targetcoatings.com

As you'll see, there is an area for technical info, a shopping area,
and a forum and a blog, hosted by their guru, Jeff Weiss. I actually
just spoke with him yesterday, I'm tackling in the project as well.

Here's what I bought to do my sole and sidewalls:

Oxford HYbriVar WB-Alkyd Varnish: Satin 1 Gallon

It's water based. It's on its way to me, I hope to test it in the
next week or two. They also have semi-gloss & high gloss.

His instructions were to lightly sand, no higher than 220 grit (my
sole is pretty beat up - previous owner!), wipe down with a damp
cloth (water, no chemicals like a tack cloth), and apply. You can
brush or spray. I'll brush.

Regards,
Karl Mielenhausen

--
Karl Mielenhausen
Catalina 320 Hull 690

Join us August 7-9, 2009 at Marina Del Rey, CA for our annual Catalina
320IA Regatta and Annual Meeting.