[C320-list] Whisker Poles

Sat Feb 28 12:05:32 PST 2009

Tim,

Not sure if you need to go to the hassle of using movable car for a whisker pole...I would suggest a small track with manual car and you drill and tap...my opinion
----------------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: Tim [chillinonahd at yahoo.com]
Sent: 02/28/2009 11:50 AM PST
To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
Subject: [C320-list] Whisker Poles

Spring project time in NorthEast and putting on a whisker pole. So, I checked the site not much out there. Anyone have photos of installations? Really interested in two specific items.
1. the blocks and line used to move the cars up and down the mast assuming it is a verticle mast installation.
2. how best to attach track to mast, drill and tap or self tapping screws?

Thanks to those who responded earlier on the interior varnish, ordered and received. Just need the temps to get up a bit more here.

Tim
Calypso