[C320-list] Bottom keel to Pulpit height

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Sat Jan 17 10:42:09 PST 2009

Ah yes the keel.

My boat was shipped to Michigan with a Wing Keel as a new purchase.

Then I purchased a new Keel in 2000 - a fin keel.  It is almost a 2'
change in height/water draw (Wing Keel - draws 4'4", Fin Keel - 6'
3").  So what may work for a wing keel, may not work for a fin keel.

Thanks for the information on Joule Transport.  I am trying to get
some final bids on the price.

BTW, with the change from a wing keel to a fin keel we did notice the
following:

* Boat is 2" - 3" higher in the water.
* It points about 5 deg better to windward
* We went from placing in one race to winning or placing 4-5 times a
year in years we actively raced.

Best Regards,
Andrew
C320 "Dawn Treader"