[C320-list] The New Catalina 445

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 17:17:43 PST 2009

Bob,

No need to gasp--If it weren't for the slip headaches (cost) and hauling
challenges (here in the NE anyway) it would be a no brainer for me. We
chartered a Cat in the Bahamas a couple of winter's ago and absolutely fell
in love with it. We were expecting the sailing to be uninspiring and the
pointing ability to be abysmal--let's just say our expectations were very
low. None of this turned out to be true. We were most shocked with how well
the boat actually pointed and it was a lot of fun to sail! Not better or
worse than a mono, just different.

Would be interested to hear what others experiences are (hey, it's in the
20's and there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground--don't rub it in
Orlando!!)