[C320-list] The New Catalina 445

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 18:14:51 PST 2009

My wife's had an eye on cats since she learned they don't heel like a
monohull.  I like 'burying the rail'; she'd rather not.  It DOES make
cooking difficult.
We've chartered a cat in Antigua for the week beginning 02-22-08, to
get up close and personal with one, rather than just reading about them.
I share your pointing ability concerns.  Other concerns I have is
seaworthiness in a blow and self righting ability, should it ever come
to that.
We moor, so slip fees don't apply with us.  GBM (our marina in NH) has
the ability to haul most anything, up to about 60 feet or so.
FWIW, we're looking at the TomCat 32 and MeCat 30.

Apologies for offending anyone on list by talking about multihulls,
but if you count the dink most have, we all have multihulls.  :-)

Bob Seastream
Intuition # 906