[C320-list] Roller Fuller Harken vs Profurl

argates2nd at comcast.net argates2nd at comcast.net
Wed Jul 1 13:28:31 PDT 2009

We have had the Harken Cruising Unit for 3years of cruising and club racing. It is fine and was considerably less costly than the other choices we considered.
This year, we had to replace a stop at the top of the foil that tore due to a snag at the top of the foil in heavy winds. The Harken replacement came quickly and the service was efficient = a $20 item + 10 air shipping.
One disadvantage is that there is only one jib track in the furler foil.
Rollie #182