[C320-list] 320 Propane Tank

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 2 08:52:16 PDT 2009

Mark,
   This is another 'big brother government' regulation to protect us from ourselves.  The concept is that the tank can be OVER filled unless it is the 'safe' design.  The tank is okay, but the overfill valve (used for longer than I have been alive) MIGHT allow too much propane into the tank if filled by 'yard boys' and then subjected to high temperatures--in which case, the pop-off valve would do its job by releasing the high pressure--thus allowing propane to escape.  On the positive side I guess that is okay; however, what is the cost to protect us from ourselves?
   You only need to replace the top valve--not the entire tank.
Ken OBUOY #219