[C320-list] Boat Speed

pjaarch pjaarch at verizon.net
Mon Jul 6 14:39:13 PDT 2009

I just purchased my 320 several weeks ago and am concerned about the boat speed while under power.  I have a 3GM30F and cruise at about 5.4 knots at 2700RPMs.  It seems slow to me.  I am currently cruising with other boats, a (hunter 28, beneteau 331, and an Irwin 38.)  They all cruise easily 6 knots at 2700 RPMs and I can't keep up.  I have a 3 blade prop.  Could I be under proped?  What is the cruising RPMs for the boat?  I have no ID plate on the engine block.  I assume it is rated for 3400.

Paul Adison
C320 #722
"Rough Draft"