[C320-list] Boat Speed

Dave Anderer danderer at udel.edu
Tue Jul 7 14:01:49 PDT 2009

When I tested my tach a couple years ago, I got the following numbers:

Indicated RPM     Actual RPM           % Difference
1000 1000 0.00%
1500 1500 0.00%
2000 1970 1.50%
2400 2350 2.08%
2600 2520 3.08%
2800 2630 6.07%
2900 2730 5.86%
3000 2840 5.33%
3200 3030 5.31%
3400 3260 4.12%
3600 3300 8.33%
4000 3700 7.50%

..which means when I thought I was running 2800 RPM I was actually doing a
bit less.

To pick a nit, I believe the 1-hour rating is 3600; 3400 is max continuous.