[C320-list] Water heater leak

Jack Fitzgibbon chuters at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 15 13:18:29 PDT 2009

Mike,

First, check the water supply line to the hot water heater.  A nylon threaded fitting is used to attach the hose to the hot water heater.  In our case, the threaded portion of the fitting was cracked creating a steady drip and causing the pump to cycle.  The crack is hidden from view and is tough to see. I had grabbed the hose fitting connection and moved it to see if it was lose and it snapped off.  I replaced it with a like fitting and it happened again a year later.  I replaced with a fitting that had a brass threaded end and nylon side that snapped to the hose.  I think the heat weakens the fitting.   Access is easier if you remove the drawer's.

jack

S/V Wetted Bliss
441