[C320-list] Water heater leak

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 12:10:56 PDT 2009

There is a round aluminum cylinder inside the metal box.  The fittings are welded on to this cylinder.  The front of the box is held on by a screw at each corner.  Unfortunately the screws on mine are on the sides and the two inside are impossible to remove without turning the heater towards you.  On my 1995 model boat the heater is under the sink.  If you are lucky the hoses from the engine are long enoung to allow you to turn the heater after you unscrew it from its base.  (2 screws on the back bracket are done by feel)

It sounds like you have a leak which might require a new heater. (ie, fitting or seam leak) If you can get the front off and the power disconnected (this is 115 v AC so make sure you have shore power disconnected)  you might run the pump to see where the leak is.