[C320-list] 2004 C320 - Mast

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 18 10:40:54 PDT 2009

Brad, tuning the rig is not a big deal. I think a lot more is made of it
than necessary.  Having said that, it is necessary to understand the tuning
process and purpose of each shroud.

The Tool Box has the necessary Loos gages if you want to use them.  I also
have the rig for the tension method.  Martin, at the marina, is one of the
best rig tuners around if you want to have it done by a professional. He may
be happy to have you onboard when he does it.  I have other articles on
tuning.  You can also get the mfgr's user manual probably online.  The
Catalina owner's manual should also have tuning instructions; but, I found
mine not too helpful.

Catch me at the marina and I'll show you the tool and instructions for the
tension method.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay