[C320-list] Sailing in SFO Bay

Ken Danko ken320 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 23 14:52:45 PDT 2009

Andrew:

Welcome to the San Francisco bay. As you discovered, we have LOTS of
wind. Well, at least from now through October. We do have a few days
where we sit out the morning waiting for wind, mostly in the early
spring. I will be curious to hear about your first trip across the slot
from, say, Sausalito to the city at 2:00pm or so. Am also curious to see
if you stay at Pier 39 which gets a lot of wind. Your first sail under
the golden gate bridge will no doubt be very memorable. Latitude 38 in
an invaluable publication btw, and it's free. There is a lot to discover
here. Enjoy!

Ken Danko
Grace, 802