[C320-list] Update on starting problem

james_delong james_delong at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 9 11:41:54 PDT 2009

Guys,

Good suggestions..thanks.

I did find a blown fuse in a line in the engine compartment.  After
replacing the fuse I've got power back to the instrument pod.

But... no starting yet.  When I attempt to start the voltage drops but
nothing happens.  Multimeter checks, assuming I'm doing that correctly!,
indicates all is well in the pod.  All grounds are tight at the batteries
and in the engine compartment.

Could it be the starter solenoid? Or the starter itself?  How can these be
checked?

Another side question.  I replaced the ignition and the new one has a start
function.  Any reason not to just wire that function in bypassing the
starter button and just eliminate the button?  Not sure why the button
exists anyway...

Thanks for the step-by-step help!

Jim #453