[C320-list] Slips at Greenport, LI, Jib line problem

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at comcast.net
Tue Jun 23 06:51:32 PDT 2009

We are going to Greenport in Aug. and would appreciate any comments on

Marinas.  I've researched the different marinas but looking for opinions
from those that stayed there.  Just adults are going.

2nd question.  I'm still (after 10 years) having a problem with the jib
furler line lead to the Schaeffer 2100 drum.  I've placed the block on the
pulpit rail 3 " from the drum but too close.  I have it again at the next
rail down but the lead in causes the line to bunch at the top of the drum
and the line is now actually slipping through the small opening between the
line guard and drum top.  I have to go forward and muscle it  back through
the opening onto the drum.   What is the configuration others are using that
has resolved this issue?

Joe Tamucci, #619