[C320-list] Throttle

sholdr at aol.com sholdr at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 08:20:35 PDT 2009

We have the Westerbeke on hull # 322 -- after lubricating the throttle
cable it works more freely but now won't hold full throttle position
without spontaneously backing off to 2000 rpm -- can easily hold it at
full throttle -- is there a tension adjustment in the system ?  Is it
at the engine or the control end?  Not a big problem as we seldom run
at WOT but in a blow it is a pain to hold the control full forward,
steer and watch the road ahead all at once.

Thanks

Phil Hansen  "Camelot" #322