[C320-list] Update on starting problem

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Tue Jun 9 15:07:44 PDT 2009

Jim

The button is there to allow you to turn on the ignition, the key that is,
which powers the glow plugs. So in cold weather, or any weather for that
matter, you hold the key all the way over for 20 or 30 seconds to warm the
cylinders. Then press the button to start the engine. It fires more quickly
when u use the glow plugs.

I had to replace the button once, and I had to have the starter motor
serviced and did a new solenoid at the same time. It's good to do this even
if you think it's not the problem; starting the engine can be a critical
matter is some situations so don't take any chances.

Kirk

#124 Perkins