[C320-list] Masthead Sheaves on Older Models

Pat Moriarty patm at psiurethanes.com
Wed Jun 10 08:40:49 PDT 2009

Warren on #130 they are plastic like the boom and I have been up
there and think I will wait to drop the mast. I know the jib halyard
sheave is jammed and needs replacing but since I have some wire
problems it will just wait till it is horizontal and I might be able
to find any parts I drop. You know that all parts dropped from 50
feet always go overboard right?

Pat #130

At 10:17 AM 6/10/2009, you wrote:
>I'm sure someone with a 1994-5 model knows what kind of sheaves there are at
>the mast head.  I think the choices are plastic like those at the boom end
>or some other more durable material.
>
>I was planning on un-stepping the mast last fall; but, the market changed my
>plans as it did for many others.  I'm also wondering if replacing the
>sheaves is doable from a boson's chair?
>
>Warren & Pattie Updike
>Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
>Middle River, Chesapeake Bay