[C320-list] Masthead Sheaves on Older Models

Fred Grimann fgrimann at vcc.ca
Wed Jun 10 14:14:12 PDT 2009

The sheaves on mast head, Catalina 320 #69, year 1994, are metal. Doing it from a bosons chair would require two trips since one or two halyard are used for bosons chair. A mast tower would be best to do this modification.

Fred Grimann
Catalina 320, #69
Tenacity,
Vancouver, B.C.

>>> "warren updike" <wupdike at hotmail.com> 06/10/09 8:17 AM >>>
I'm sure someone with a 1994-5 model knows what kind of sheaves there are at
the mast head.  I think the choices are plastic like those at the boom end
or some other more durable material.

I was planning on un-stepping the mast last fall; but, the market changed my
plans as it did for many others.  I'm also wondering if replacing the
sheaves is doable from a boson's chair?

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay