[C320-list] Jabsco Head replacement

Julian Elliott jelliott at landspring.net
Mon Jun 15 06:29:03 PDT 2009

I am in the process this weekend of replacing the head; as mentioned a
plug-compatible, easy venture.  Mounting is 1" 5/16 lag screws through
fiberglass and into woood (which I assume is a block under the raised
platform on which the head sits.)  One gotcha: my base leak permeated down
into the wood and corroded one lag bolt, leaving the metal tip in the hole.
 This turns the project into a 2 weekender, as I forgot my drill.  I'm also
considering stepping up to 1 1/2" lag screws to ensure I get thru any
damaged wood.  There seems plenty of clearance to avoid breaching the hull!

Julian
Polaris 340