[C320-list] Boat Speed

Rick Evans ericstillwellevans at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 05:08:10 PDT 2009

I would second that the number one improvement you can make is sails. But I read an article about preparing a race boat and it said start with the bottom and work your way up.

I followed this advice this year and stripped the bottom of 724 down to the epoxy coat then applied VC Offshore bottom paint. Once that was complete I wet sanded the paint with 400 grit paper twice. I club race and the difference between last year and this year is amazing.

I still have a fixed prop will change next year.

Also I recently got a used mylar 155 very cheap off the internet it should be here tomorrow at my first race I will let you know how it goes.

Something no one mentioned that I think is a huge bang for your buck is a line adjustable jib lead cars. Every bigger boat I raced on had them and if you have a really good jib trimmer up wind and you constantly adjust them to slight wind and wave conditions I feel its a pure skill that could give you an advantage in a race. They are next on my list.

Good luck
Rick 724
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile