[C320-list] Installing an inverter

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Wed Mar 4 06:03:30 PST 2009

Hi All,

I'm thinking about installing an AC inverter to be able to run the
microwave, etc. when not in the marina.  I know a number of you have
done this.  I've done a little homework, but there is a reason I did not
major in electrical engineering.  So, I have a few questions:

1.  How many watts?  I figure I should have at least 1200 continuous.
2.  Are the ones with a modified sine wave good enough?  I wouldn't
think the microwave would care too much.
3.  Where should it be installed?  I've read that you should install it
close to the batteries, but those are on the starboard side and the
microwave is on the port side.
4.  Any particular brands to avoid?

Thanks in advance,
Dean Vermeire