[C320-list] Whisker Poles

Lamar Desmond ldesmond at comcast.net
Sun Mar 1 15:46:05 PST 2009

While on the subject of whisker poles let me show my ignorance and ask if
someone would describe (or send a link to a description of) how to rig the
pole for down-wind sailing.  We sail Chesapeake Bay and on the rare occasion
when the wind isn't on our nose it would be a help to tame the 135 in low
winds and powerboat chop. We have the track and sliding fitting on the mast
and a mature adjustable pole but have not used it for anything but to
support the winter cover since we've owned the boat.

Thanks in advance,
Lamar Desmond
#358 Blue Moon