[C320-list] Inverter - follow-up questions

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Thu Mar 12 12:47:41 PDT 2009

I have a Freedom Marine 20, charger/inverter, on my boat.  It will run
anything that I desire however, it will suck my batteries dry!  My first
mate likes creature comforts at home and expects them on the hook also.
Things like hot water, blow dryers, curling irons, AC, TVs, and laptops
are just some of the comforts she expects.  The one thing she does not
like is hearing the diesel engine run for hours to charge the batteries.

So, I bought the Honda 2000.  I made a short 5 foot cord to plug it into
the boat.  I also built a container to house the generator and sound
proofed the inside of the box, then I screwed a pipe on the exhaust so
that it would exit the box. The box sits on my swim platform and I added
some hardware to fasten it down in case the weather gets rough. Sitting
in the cockpit, you barely notice it running.

Today, I no longer worry about dead house batteries.

Yeah... it's a pain to carry a little gas can.  And it's a pain to set
up the generator.  But I sleep well every night, with AC and a happy
first mate!

Randy

LeBijou 719

PS - As for the microwave....  I've used it once in 10 years.  It does
make a great breadbox.