[C320-list] Gori vs Flex-o-fold vs Kiwi props

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Fri Mar 13 09:50:51 PDT 2009

I would consider changing zincs as a maintenance issue, but i'm sure it's no
big deal.
I have the Kiwi prop now for 3 years, no zincs required, but it needs a
squirt of lube any time the boat is hauled, ie every year or two.

Its a great prop, very light weight, no need to go to stainless shaft if you
dont already have one. In reverse it has incredible bite, some might say too
much bite as it has a very high pitch in reverse. Gets out of a slip in a
hurry and stops the boat very quickly when needed.

It also has lots of bite in forward into a sea. Best of all is the speed
improvment under sail particularly in light air. I installed it myself
following the instructions and talking to the local rep once on the phone.

Kirk