[C320-list] Adler Barbour Recharge Help

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at comcast.net
Wed May 13 18:05:55 PDT 2009

Last year I had a refer tech come and recharge my Adler Barbour cold machine
for $145.  He didn't detect any leaks in the system and it worked fine all
year.  This spring I turned on the frig and the compressor works fine but no
perking sound in the ice box and it won't cool.  Obviously there's a small
leak in the system that can't be detected.  I watched the tech and he just
used a set of hoses with a gauge and used AC refrigerant that I saw at Wal
Mart.  I don't remember exactly what he did and I don't know where to
purchase the hose/gauge setup he had.  I'm sure I can do it myself and I'd
rather not spend the money on a new machine if I can just recharge once a
year.

Can anyone provide me with info. on where to by the hose/gauge set and also
the process used to recharge the system?

Thanks,

Joe Tamucci Andante #619