[C320-list] autopilot advice

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 06:40:59 PDT 2009

My captain had a hip replacement several months ago and we're thinking about having an autopilot installed to give her a little relief from helm duties. I had a couple of questons. West Marine has a sale on the Raymarine Smart Pilot x-5 wheel pilot. Does anyone have experience with this unit? Any guesses on installation costs or other "parts" needed? And a really basic one-can the wheel be easily removed when at the dock with this unit? Also does anyone know what Catalina offers as a factory option? Thanks

Jim Brown  "Desafinado"  Fleet 8