[C320-list] autopilot advice

argates2nd at comcast.net argates2nd at comcast.net
Mon May 25 07:39:12 PDT 2009

I have the prior S-2 model installed a year ago.  I wanted the X-5 but it was delayed from early spring to fall for some reasons and it seems Raymarine missed the entire '08 season.

If you integrate your GPS/Chartploter and other instruments with the AP, you could approach 1k for installation cost.

Many do the installation themselves but I had an electronics guy help me for abour $500.

I think the only added part is a mount for a rudder reference unit that is usually custom made and fairly simple.

The wheel change is only a 3 or 5 pin connector for a cable that runs from the pedistal to the AP motor that is easily uncoupled to remove the wheel.

Rollie  #182