[C320-list] Dinette table question

Jeff Hare catalina at thehares.com
Sun May 17 09:18:13 PDT 2009

Hi Warren,

  Only the earlier? tables may be able to be lifted off.  I'm pretty certain
that our model doesn't lift off.  There's a hard "stop" in there somewhere.
Removing the screws on the locking ring doesn't reveal any way to lift the
table beyond the stops.  BUT YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT AND I JUST DID IT WRONG.  :)
Banging on it didn't show any signs of it lifting out.

But to answer the original poster's question, There's usually a screw
attached to a knob on the base that gets tightened to lock the table at a
specific height.

Something else to be aware of is that you must not allow people to sit on
the isle-side edge of the table when it is dropped down.  You'll likely pull
the screws out that hold the table top to the post.  Newer models have teak
blocks that help support the edges of the table when it is dropped down,
although the table is still at risk if you sit on the isle-facing edge of
the table aft of the compression post.

Perhaps someone with a hull number near yours can snap a picture to show
what their table set screw looks like.

-Jeff