[C320-list] Solar panels

Jane & Ken obuoy4848 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 22 13:57:17 PDT 2009

Scott,
   I have hull number 219 and I ordered it with the optional solar panel--available in the early 1995 models--it fits over the sea hood (hatch cover slides under it) and it has served great for 15 years, HOWEVER, it has recently developed a hugh bulge---looks as if it is 15 months pregnant and (may) be a source of leakage-but I digress.
   I have the UNI-SOLAR solar battery charger model MBC-262 which is 16 x 27 inches and puts out 0.90amps.  15 years ago the phone numbers were 1-800-843-3892  1-313-362-4170 located in troy, mi.    There are many companies making solar panel today but I would only consider one that can withstand being walked upon if you consider installing it anyplace where it could accidently be stepped upon.    Ken
OBUOY #219