[C320-list] transmission ratio

Paul Adison pjaarch at verizon.net
Mon Nov 9 08:50:06 PST 2009

I have pulled my prop in order to have it repitched.  I believe that
it is to flat.  I am able to run my boat under load at 3800 rpm which
is higher than the rating of the engine.  The prop shop has told me
that by adding a 1" pitch to the prop I will be able to reduce the max
rpm to 3600 which is the rating of the engine.  This will add fuel
efficiency and increase cruising speed at the same time.  Does anyone
know the transmission ratio for the yanmar 3gmf?  The shop would like
that information before starting work.  I know it is on the
transmission itself up I am not near the boat.

Paul Adison
S/V "Rough Draft" _/ )
C320 #722