[C320-list] Table Configuration..

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Mon Nov 23 03:26:54 PST 2009

Annika - I looked at the photos on this boat and the table is pretty much
the same as on all Catalina's I have seen.  It is mounted to starboard on a
telescoping pedestal; there is no hinge on this boat's table, the ability to
fold it out, or access from the port settee as configured.

Just FYI, the Best Mate and I mounted a TV/DVD on the bulkhead between the
main and forward cabins, starboard side.  We leave the table in the "down"
position all the time and use this settee for our "family room".  The only
time the table comes up is when the weather is too snotty for eating
topsides.  Our grandchildren also like sleeping on this berth as when at the
dock, they can watch TV until they fall asleep.  We give them a headset so
we don't hear what they are watching.

Another thing about this table when in the down position.  There is
insufficient blocking under the table to prevent the table from ripping out
of the pedestal if one was to put their full weight on the aft part of the
table.  How I know this is another ugly story for another day...  But I did
install an extra block on the aft end, transverse side of the settee base
and this has resolved that problem.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - C320
Herrington Harbour South