[C320-list] Traveler Woes

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Tue Oct 6 05:05:20 PDT 2009

Some of the deck organizer sheaves on WindSwept are frozen and do not
rotate.  The mainsheet sheave is the worst one, and now has been worn flat.

WindSwept is a 1995 model, #246.   Does anyone know if Catalina and Garhauer
have upgraded the organizer through the years?

When I upgraded the traveler to the larger car and improved sheaves a few
years ago, I could not get the bolts that hold the traveler and organizer
out.  Is there a aluminum plate embedded in the deck?  Are the nuts on the
underside of the cabin liner the only threaded fasteners holding these bolts
in place?

Any tricks for getting the bolts out would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

WindSwept C320 #246