[C320-list] Feathering Props

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Thu Oct 8 17:58:32 PDT 2009

I have had a Kiwi for 4 years, it's great under sail and also under most
powering conditions. One drawback is when punching through big sea on the
nose it cavitates and boat speed drops. This was not an issue with the 3
blade fixed prop that came with the boat.
I causes me to consider/ reconsider making a crossing that might be 4 or 5
hours into 5 or 6 ft seas on the nose, which  I would have done no problem
with a fixed blade.

Maybe I need to look at the pitch again.

Kirk