[C320-list] Feathering Props

djgleason1 djgleason1 at juno.com
Thu Oct 8 18:15:20 PDT 2009

I have a three blade MaxProp on Proud Mary.  We have been very happy with
its performance.  The prop was on the boat when purchased used, so I have
no idea of what was involved in getting it set up.  We can cruse at 6.5
knots at 2000 rpm (Perkins) with no vibration.   My understanding as to
why it has fallen from popularity was the price.  I believe it is quite a
bit more expensive than some of the other feathering props.

Dave Gleason
Proud Mary, #150