[C320-list] FW: Repowering- engine choices

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 11:46:41 PDT 2009

Our 2002 has the Yanmar 3GM30F.  A bit louder than most, but
reliable.  My fathers Universal on his Cape Dory 28 was as loud.  I
have noticed that Perkins diesels are quieter.  My understanding on
diesels is that they can give several thousands of hours of service,
so I wonder why (I didn't see how many hours on your engine, or if
there were other reasons) you'd repower rather than rebuild.

Robert Seastream
Intuition # 906