[C320-list] In-Mast Furling and Winter Storage

Robert Seastream robert.seastream at comcast.net
Sun Oct 11 12:05:05 PDT 2009

Any mild detergent will do.  Ivory liquid dish soap is one example.  A
good rule of thumb is that if it won't hurt your skin, it won't hurt
your sails.    Perhaps an ounce per gallon of warm water.  Use any
variant of a 'push broom' (such as the car washing type) to 'scrub'
the sails, unless you prefer doing it on your hands and knees with a
handheld brush.  Remember that you're mostly removing salt (unless you
boat near airports, cities, etc.), not grass stains, so be gentle.

Robert Seastream
Intuition # 906