[C320-list] Bottom painting

Jerry Clayton jsea at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 28 09:35:56 PDT 2009

Mike,

     My boat is also located in So. Cal, and the original bottom paint
lasted 4 1/2 years. It had Pettit Trinidad on it.  I had the same paint put
on when I had it repainted last summer.  I believe they no longer make
Trinidad now and that it has been replaced with Trinidad SR.
     From talking with boatyards, and other boat owners I think the normal
repainting time is about every 3 years in our area.
     Your dive service is a good source to keep you advised of the condition
of the paint.
     While she is out of the water have the yard check the cutlass bearing,
and the rudder for excessive play.

Regards,

Jerry
#988 (2004)