[C320-list] FX Sails

Frank Drahos res07290 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 8 13:48:17 PDT 2009

I have been seriously considering replacing my (badly needed) original 15
year old sails (main & 150).

I received an e-mail from FX Sails today.  They are having a "sale" - 20%
off tri-radial cut and 10 % off Dacron sails.  I would appreciate thoughts
and comments from anyone who has bought FX sails, and/or is it worth the
extra money to buy from a major loft (North, Ullman, Mack, etc.)  No plans
to go to a boat show soon, so I wouldn't be able to take advantage of "boat
show specials".

I plan to keep this boat for another 3-5 years before retiring and getting a
"off shore cruising" boat.  I am on a lake in North Texas and not that
interested in racing (2 or 3 per year), but want to get as much performance
as I can for a reasonable price, and increase the value for a future sale as
well as getting some use of the sails before then.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Frank
Belles & Whistles  #98