[C320-list] In-mast Furling

Julian Elliott jelliott at landspring.net
Fri Sep 11 12:04:30 PDT 2009

After having tricked out my beloved C320 for Northwest cruising, I'm
regretfully considering moving to a newer vessel that is also a bit more
friendly to limited flexibility.  After a soul searching debate with my wife
about going over to the dark side (Nordic Tug), I realize I just can't
compromise the feeling of the wind in my face, and the rush of having the
elements move me along.

Short of simply getting a later model C320, I am considering a late model
C34 which has lower freeboard, forward stateroom, etc.  Which brings me to
my question:  In-mast furling.

I know the advantages/disadvantages, and everyone has his/her opinion.  I'd
be interested in hearing opinions of anyone who has had experience with
both, especially in an apples-apples comparison, say in the 320.

This may have been covered ad nauseum in the past; however, I just
resubscribed to the list a few months ago.

Thanks,

Julian

Polaris #340