[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 565, Issue 1

james_delong james_delong at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 13 12:55:51 PDT 2009

On the stanchion replacement...

I cut one of the maple battens out just enough to get a bent wrench onto the
large bolt holding the stanchion on.  Didn't cut the fiberglass trim at all.
After the two small bolts were removed, one person held the large bolt with
the bent open end wrench and the other turned the stanchion counterclockwise
on the deck.  The base sort of slides on the lip of the gunwale as it is
turned, but it does come off!

Getting the three bolts on again...start with the large one with someone
holding it from below and twist the stanchion from the deck.  Then someone
holds the small ones in place and they can be screwed in from the top.

The hardest part was figuring out we needed a bent wrench! Wasn't too bad
after that.

Jim  #453