[C320-list] Head Leak

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 1 06:12:36 PDT 2009

Ronnie,

If your head is the original unit, you may want to just replace it. For my
money having re-built the older model head twice and was disappointed with
the results, I now keep a new Jabsco Par head on the shelf ready to bolt in
when needed. The Jabsco units are relatively inexpensive and I have found
that the parts do not always interchange as models change and then there is
the fatigue factor when dealing with plastic parts that seemed to break just
after a rebuild.

I found it far better to install a new unit every 3-5 years when the pump
begins to fail rather than fuss with the rebuild with mixed results since a
new unit can be purchased for around $100 if you watch for sales and
rebates.

Flushing some vegetable oil periodically extends the life of the seals in
the pump.

Rick
My-Ria
Hull #277