[C320-list] Hot Water Heater Cold Water Line - Check Valve

Brad Kuether bkuether at comcast.net
Wed Sep 2 17:53:57 PDT 2009

Paul,

It is my understanding (I am starting to understand this boat, a little
anyway) that a cold water line feeds the hot water heater.  Are you asking
if there is some type of valve that prevents the hot water from flowing back
into the cold water line that feeds it?

If this is the case, wouldn't the water pressure from the water in the water
line prevent that?  I can't see water from the hot water tank finding its
way back to water tank as it too has water in it and has pressure....

What is the concern?

Or am I not getting it?  (which may be why no one replied?)

Not being crass.

-Brad, Mary, Monica, and Jarod
"Independence"
2004 Catalina 320 Hull 1006