[C320-list] Raritan head?

Andrew Santangelo andrew_santangelo at mac.com
Wed Sep 2 20:44:30 PDT 2009

Now I have to say I never had a problem with the toilet in the head
and I have the same one since 1996, however I am now convinced keeping
a boat in fresh water is a very big plus.  When Dawn Treader arrived
at KKMI several people thought it was a new boat.

BUT since being in salt water I have quickly seen the problems it
causes.

When flushing in Lake Michigan it is always fresh water.  The pump for
the head ONLY comes the sea - I have no option on the boat.  So now I
flush with salt water.  Yikes!

And my water tanks are kept empty nearly the entire time.  When in the
slip ALL water comes from the dock - a hose connector through the
anchor locker.  Undersail we have water in the tanks for cruising, but
never for racing.  We go with lots of bottled water on the boat too.
Either way, the water tanks are typically empty on Dawn Treader.

Best Regards,
Andrew
C320 "Dawn Treader"