[C320-list] Dingy on foredeck

Arthur Freedman saltyvet at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 3 16:04:33 PDT 2009

In preparing for our three day sail to Block Island tomorrow, I put
our Inflatable on my foredeck
as follows and I have done this many times.
I combine my spinnaker halyard with my lifesling tackle.  Raise the
snap shackle of  the
spinnaker halyard to just below the first spreader with the Lifesling
block attached.   Make certain the Spinnaker
halyard runs freely and not binding on the Genoa furler.    I lock my
spinnaker halyard from the
rope clutch and do the lifting and lowering with the LIfesling
tackle.  You may just be able to use the spinnaker halyard
alone depending how heavy your inflatable is.  I made a four point
harness which I attach to the "D rings"
securing the grab lines.   Raise the inflatable over the genoa sheets,
and ease down onto the deck.  I then remove one
side of the harness and raise one side so I can turn over the
inflatable to have the bottom face up.   My inflatable fits
  just forward of the mast  and behind the anchor well hatch.  I
remove my 3.5hp  outboard by hand before raising the inflatable,
But I use a Garhhauer lift on my other boat.

Arthur Freedman
C310  #227
"Ivy Girl"
saltyvet at mindspring.com